So, it appears that I am still pregnant… the journey continues at 41 weeks and 2 days and today, the constant barrage of questions, emails, calls and texts asking ‘any news?’ is driving me crazy. I’m about to lose my sh*t all over the walls.
At breaking point the only thing left to do is to google ‘witty come-backs’ to the ‘any news?’ question to try to lighten my mood. I have found the following…
* Oh right… damn… yeah, I knew there was something I forgot to do last week..
* What do you mean? I did have the baby! Do you think I still look fat?
* This pregnancy’s been great for my hair, so I’ve decided to hold out until it’s about waist length.
* Not yet, but thanks for the reminder. No, seriously, thanks
* No, it’s not on my priority list right now.
* Baby? Who said anything about a baby
* I’m so glad you asked because you could really help me out here-go get a knitting needle and meet me back here in half an hour
* I actually changed my mind. I decided to wait a few more years before having kids. Now just isn’t a good time for me.
* I’m just not ready to let go of the baby belly yet. I just love the extra 50 pounds I’ve packed on.